From: "[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Thursday, February 19, 2015 at 11:27 AM
To: "Harper, Kyle" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>, Susan Walden <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Cc: "Boone, Karen M." <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: SCIPP paid summer internships

Dear Kyle and Susan,

The Southern Climate Impacts Planning Program (SCIPP) is offering two full-time, paid summer internships for OU undergraduate students for this summer.  This follows the model we implemented last year with two students from Geography and Environmental Sustainability.  One of the partners from last year, the Gulf Coast Joint Venture, has asked to continue the work.  This year, we have added a new partner, Tulsa Partners, on a risk-communication based project.

We believe that the project with Tulsa Partners is best suited to a student in Arts & Sciences.  We do not have as strong connections with these departments, so if you can help bring this to their attention, we would appreciate the assistance.  I have sent this to the undergraduate academic counselors in Communications and Political Science and to our colleagues at the Center for Risk & Crisis Management.  For the Gulf Coast Joint Venture project, I sent the announcement to the Oklahoma Biological Survey and asked for their assistance to distribute to relevant departments and campus organizations.  Any assistance you can provide to make sure that this announcement reaches a wide student audience are greatly appreciated.

We set a minimum requirement of a 3.0 GPA in courses in their major and Junior or Senior standing.  May 2015 graduates are not eligible, as the student must remain enrolled as an OU undergraduate during summer (undergraduate research assistant position at HR).

Margret Boone (copied here) or I can address any questions about the program or projects that you or any of the department staff or faculty may have.  Thank you.

Sincerely,
Mark Shafer