From: Laila Guessous <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wednesday, February 18, 2015 at 3:01 PM
Subject: [WEPAN] REU Seeking Student Applicants: Automotive and Energy Research Experience for Undergraduates Program at Oakland University

Dear Colleagues,

The department of Mechanical Engineering at Oakland University (OU) will once again be hosting a National Science Foundation Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) Site, “AERIM:Automotive and Energy Research and Industrial Mentorship Program at Oakland University.” The focus will be automotive and energy-related research topics in mechanical engineering with a special emphasis on technologies that aim to improve efficiencies of internal combustion engines, automotive manufacturing processes, automotive materials, alternative propulsion systems and lubrication and wear. We are seeking to recruit ten talented and motivated undergraduate students from across the United States to spend 10 weeks in the summer working on a research project at OU and are especially interested in providing opportunities for women and underrepresented minority students. Students will be provided with a $5,000 stipend, on-campus housing, meal allowance and travel funding. No prior automotive or research experience is required.

The program will run this summer from May 18 to July 24, 2015. Application review will begin on March 15 and will continue until all positions are filled. I am attaching a copy of our program announcement. I would appreciate it if you could post the attached announcement in your department and forward it to your local engineering society student chapters. Feel free to forward it to colleagues and to students who might benefit from such a program. We have setup a website with more information about the program, as well as the application materials: http://me-reu.secs.oakland.edu .

Please contact the program director, Laila Guessous, by phone at 248-370-2183 or via email at [log in to unmask] if you have any questions. Thank you for your assistance in advertising the program.

--

Laila Guessous, Ph.D.
Associate Professor

To unsubscribe from the OU-LSAMP list, click the following link:
http://lists.ou.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=OU-LSAMP&A=1