From: James Rada <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Monday, March 2, 2015 2:29 PM
To: AEJMAC <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: Ithaca College Student Journalists to Cover the 50th Anniversary of Selma for NBC News

Hello all;

Just wanted to share some exciting news with you...

As some of you may know, in 2013 NBC News provided some student-journalists from Ithaca College with an incredible opportunity when we partnered with them to cover the 50th Anniversary of The March on Washington.

Well, this weekend I will accompany six student-journalists from Ithaca College as we travel to Alabama to cover the 50th Anniversary of Bloody Sunday - the first attempt by Civil Rights marchers to cross the Edmund Pettus Bridge in Selma.

We will be covering the weekend's events for NBC Nightly News and NBCnews.com<http://nbcnews.com/>

In addition, on Sunday March 8th, we will stream live coverage of the march reenactment through one of NBC's online web platforms.  You can watch the live stream at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEL8OIDUL5w

And you can follow us the entire weekend on twitter: #icparkselma50

Regards

JR
James A. Rada, Ph.D.
Associate Professor