Congratulations!

It’s  going to be an exciting venture for the students as they revisit this historic site.

D Owens

From: FOR THE MINORITIES AND COMMUNICATION DIV. OF AEJMC [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of James Rada
Sent: Monday, March 02, 2015 1:30 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Ithaca College Student Journalists to Cover the 50th Anniversary of Selma for NBC News

Hello all;

Just wanted to share some exciting news with you…

As some of you may know, in 2013 NBC News provided some student-journalists from Ithaca College with an incredible opportunity when we partnered with them to cover the 50th Anniversary of The March on Washington.

Well, this weekend I will accompany six student-journalists from Ithaca College as we travel to Alabama to cover the 50th Anniversary of Bloody Sunday - the first attempt by Civil Rights marchers to cross the Edmund Pettus Bridge in Selma.

We will be covering the weekend’s events for NBC Nightly News and NBCnews.com

In addition, on Sunday March 8th, we will stream live coverage of the march reenactment through one of NBC’s online web platforms.  You can watch the live stream at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEL8OIDUL5w

And you can follow us the entire weekend on twitter: #icparkselma50

Regards

JR

James A. Rada, Ph.D.

Associate Professor