MAC Colleagues,

I had to take a break from grading student papers to 1) congratulate my sister Karen Turner for her election victory, and 2) to respond to her sentiments about AEJMC’s nominations process.

Thanks for your thoughtful comments on this important issue.

Without going into detail regarding my interactions with members of that committee, the committee is a standing that is “appointed by the AEJMC president.” Members serve a three-year term and can be identified on the AEJMC website Under the tabs: “About”, “Leadership”, and “Appointed Committees”:

AEJMC Nominations and Elections Committee:

Serving the Nominations and Elections Committee for the 2014 - 2015 term

I know that my dear friend and colleague Carolyn Stroman serves with distinction and represents MAC interests. To that we should all appreciate Carolyn and other leaders like Paula Poindexter.

I will not be attending this year’s convention—the first one I’ve missed in more than 15 years—but mainly because of a major move from Tennessee to Long Island, NY to  start a new chapter in my academic career. But I know the division and all of its members will do great things in San Francisco! See you in Minneapolis in 2016 (Lord willing) if not before.

Dwight

Dwight E. Brooks, Ph.D.

Professor and Director

School of Journalism