Hi, fellow MAC'ers-

The Trailblazers Oral History Project has made considerable progress this past year - posting interviews online and getting more important interviews. But there is still much more work to do - and hope we can count on MAC'ers to chip in. (For those who may not know, the Trailblazers in Diversity Oral History Project is dedicated to men and women who have made significant contributions to diversity n Journalism & Mass Comm Education.) We will hold a workshop and a meeting - and will conduct interviews on site at the AEJMC conference in San Francisco. MAC has been the Trailblazers biggest source of interviewers and interviewees for Trailblazers...

The workshop on Wed., Aug. 5 from 8 a.m. to Noon, will prepare interviewers to conduct interviews for the Trailblazers Project. There will be technical training about audio, video and lighting, as well as training on  interviewing.

The following day, there will be a meeting about Trailblazers on Thurs., Aug. 6 from 8:15 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.  We'll discuss our experiences in the interviews, reconsider our list of interview subjects, etc. We'll also talk about some recurring themes we've discovered in  transcribing the interviews.

Guidelines, consent forms, etc. as well as videos of the interviews are here: http://www.aejmc.org/home/?s=diversity

If you want to conduct an interview in San Francisco, please contact Trent Boulter, the grad student coordinating our work, at [log in to unmask]

All best,

Maggie Rivas-Rodriguez, Ph.D. (member, History Division)
Associate Professor of Journalism
UT School of Journalism
300 W. Dean Keeton (Stop A1000)
Austin, Tx. 78712-1073

Also, director, Voces Oral History Project,
with WWII, Korean and Vietnam War Collections
http://www.vocesoralhistoryproject.org<http://www.vocesoralhistoryproject.org%20/>

and http://latinosandpoliticalengagement.org<http://latinosandpoliticalengagement.org/>

Follow us on:
Twitter.com/VocesProject (@VocesProject)