Dear all:

Happy Sunday! I am following up on George's panel suggestion below. This is a wonderful opportunity. Mas Biswas, MAC vice head and programming chair, has been in touch with AEJMC officials and is working to revise one of our current panels to include a discussion of the Charleston church shooting and media coverage of race. Thanks to all of you for your feedback.

Council of Divisions Head Bob Trumpbour has indicated that one AEJ official "never recalls something so recent ever being woven into an AEJMC panel and having it in the program as such. As a result, in several ways, what you'll be doing will be groundbreaking."

Thanks to AEJ for being willing to rework program copy so close to the deadline and many thanks to Mas for leading the effort in getting additional panelists and revising program information and to George for the idea.

We are looking forward to an excellent scholarly discussion of the topic and a great conference overall.

Sincerely,
Frances

Frances Ward-Johnson, Ph.D., APR
Associate Professor and Faculty Fellow for Leadership
Head, Minorities and Communication Division, AEJMC
School of Communications, Elon University
2850 Campus Box
Elon, NC 27244