Please delete and excuse if you are not interested or have seen this
already. The Peter Lang Pub book is EDITED by MACers Venise Berry, Anita
Rife-Fleming and ayo dayo.

*PROFESSOR WRITES CHAPTER IN BOOK*

Alabama State University communications professor Dr. Rev. E.K. Daufin is
the author of a chapter in a new book, “Black Culture and Experience:
Contemporary Issues,” published by Peter Lang Publishing.

Daufin’s chapter is “Big, Black, and Beautiful Women: Health at Every Size
Offers a New Paradigm.”

The book, which will be out later this year, is about the African-American
culture and other issues impacting the black community.

Daufin is a national expert about weight as well as race, gender and class
in the media. Her chapter stresses that you don’t have to be thin to be
healthy and that the “war on obesity” is just another war on those who are
already the most stigmatized and discriminated against – predominantly
African-American women.  Her chapter offers a new paradigm – HAES or Health
At Every Size, which she argues is a more effective and compassionate
alternative to weight loss, dieting, exercise and surgery. It encompasses
self-acceptance, moving and eating for pleasure according to internal cues
of hunger, satiety and appetite.

An educator, performance artist and a social activist, Daufin is the
founder of Love Your Body; Love Yourself workshops. Her work has been
published in several academic journals, newspapers and magazines, and she
has a chapter in five other anthologies. Daufin also has been featured on
radio and television programs. She is a columnist for the international
nonprofit Association for Size and Health Diversity's online "HAES(R)
Matters” and an officer of the Association for Education in Journalism and
Mass Communication’s (AEJMC) Minorities and Communication Division. Daufin
presented research on media and women in the “Black Power Movement” and
moderated a panel on race and entertainment media this month at the AEJMC
annual convention in San Francisco.

Daufin graduated from The Ohio State University where she earned her Ph.D.
in mass communication and film.

--
Know Justice; Know Peace,
Rev. Dr. E-K. Daufin
Professor of Communications
Alabama State University
National Media Size Equity Expert
Winner -- 2000 MaryAnn Yodelis-Smith
  Research Award AEJMC CSW
AEJMC MAC Membership Chair
915 S. Jackson St., MTG, AL 36101-0271
334-229-6885
*Follow me to my home country where the definitions are daufinations at:*
http://daufination.blogspot.com
http://pinterest.com/ekdaufin/
and www.home.earthlink.net/~ekdaufin
*Your research and creative activity referrals are welcomed.*
*With all my heat & heart I want to work with and for kind, competent,
strong people who love and help me and I they.  Ashe!*