From: "FOR THE MINORITIES AND COMMUNICATION DIV. OF AEJMC" <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Ek Daufin <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 at 3:53 PM
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: SELF NOMINATE FOR OTHER MACers TO NOMINATE YOU

Before you delete the AEJ national email or nominate folks (10/16/15 deadline) PLEASE self-nominate to the list NOW!  That way MACers have the opportunity to nominate you on the national form to increase the chance you will be on the ballot.  DON'T BE SHY! Check out what I have pasted below from the 2016 AEJMC nominations email and if you are eligible and willing let us know your name, position and institution ASAP. Just post it to the listserv now.

AEJMC is looking for candidates for the 2016 Election. A variety of seats on the AEJMC Elected Standing Committees will be open next fall. AEJMC will conduct an election to fill those seats in April 2016. In order to cast a wide net for possible candidates, AEJMC has set up an online process for nominating candidates for the association’s leadership positions. We welcome nominations of AEJMC members, as well as self-nominations. Nominations must be posted by Friday, Oct. 16. All current AEJMC members will receive an email with a link to the online nominations form in mid-September. The Nominations and Elections Committee will review nominations and develop a final slate of candidates. Last year more than 300 nominations were received, and all were considered. However, the number of candidate slots is limited so not everyone who is nominated will be asked to run. Nominees should be AEJMC members in good standing with the time and resources required to perform committee functions and travel to the conventions and meetings.

The following officer slots are open: Leadership Ladder:
AEJMC Vice President — Two candidates will be selected to run for the office of vice president, with the winner serving as vice president in 2016-17, becoming presidentelect in 2017-18, and AEJMC president in 2018-19. Our current president-elect, Paul Voakes, Colorado, will move up next year to the presidency, and current vice president, Jennifer Greer, Alabama, will move up to president-elect. Committee Seats: As you consider people to suggest, keep in mind that the following individuals already continue on one of our elected standing committees. Please do not re-nominate them or anyone from the same school for that particular committee.

Committee on Professional Freedom & Responsibility with three open seats — Continuing Members: Jane Singer, City University London (2017); Deb Aikat, North Carolina Chapel Hill (2017); Amy Reynolds, LSU (2017); Carolina Acosta-Alzuru, Georgia (2018); Dean Kruckeberg, North Carolina-Charlotte (2018); Hong Cheng, Virginia Commonwealth (2018). Committee on Research with three open seats — Continuing Members: Kim Bissell, Alabama (2017); Victoria Ekstrand, North Carolina Chapel Hill (2017); Guy Golan, Syracuse (2017); Marcia DiStaso, Penn State (2018); George Sylvie, Texas at Austin (2018); Jisu Huh, Minnesota (2018).

Committee on Teaching with three open seats — Continuing Members: Earnest Perry, Missouri (2017); Natalie Tindall, Georgia State (2017); Anita Fleming-Rife, Northern Colorado (2017); Karen Turner, Temple (2018); Chris Roush, North Carolina Chapel Hill (2018); Mary Rogus, Ohio (2018). Publications Committee with three open seats — Continuing Members: Julie Andsager, Tennessee (2017); Pat Curtin, Oregon (2017); Karen Russell, Georgia (2017); Daniela Dimitrova, Iowa State (2018); Carolyn Lin, Connecticut (2018); Scott Reinardy, Kansas (2018).

 ACEJMC Representative with one open seat — Continuing Representatives: Tim Gleason, Oregon (2017); Carol Pardun, South Carolina (2018); Don Grady, Elon (2018).

Please make your nominations as soon as possible, but no later than Oct. 16. SO YOU MUST POST TO THE MAC LISTSERV TO ASK FOLKS TO NOMINATE YOU IF THEY CHOOSE NOW!

--
Know Justice; Know Peace,
Rev. Dr. E-K. Daufin