FYI--tweet on 10/20--Why I write

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: National Writing Project <[log in to unmask]>
Date: October 15, 2015 at 10:46:09 AM CDT
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Site Bulletin: October 15, 2015

NWP - Site Bulletin
NWP Site Bulletin. The National Writing Project Newsletter October 15, 2015

Announcements

Annual Report Now Available

Learn about the growth of the National Writing Project network in our new 2014 Annual Report. This interactive report highlights our successes, the progress of initiatives to develop teacher leadership, and our efforts to help prepare young people to succeed as writers, learners, leaders, and citizens in an interconnected world. More ›

Site Grants & Reporting

Due Today: 2014–15 Site Participation Data

Site participation data for 9/1/14–8/31/15 is due today from each NWP site. Schedule a consultation with Miriam Neidhardt to work together on site participation data entry, complete a review of your data, and/or to go over questions about how to report your work. To make an appointment, visit her YouCanBook.Me page. Prefer to send questions as they arise? Contact [log in to unmask] or call 503-719-7974. Deadline: October 15 More ›

Due February 2: 2016–17 Continuing Association Form & Sponsorship Invoice

Each Writing Project site must submit the Continuing Association Form annually, indicating the university's plans for supporting an NWP site in the year ahead. Continuing sites are eligible to apply for funding from NWP by responding to RFPs, when available. For your convenience, the annual $500 sponsorship invoice (payment due March 1) is included with the Continuing Association Form so that it may be routed for approval along with the form, if needed. Questions? Contact [log in to unmask]"> [log in to unmask] or 503-719-7974.
Due: February 2 More ›

2015 Annual Meeting

View Session Descriptions and Register for the Annual Meeting

Register now for our Annual Meeting on Thursday, November 19! Join colleagues for this year's meeting in Minneapolis in conjunction with the NCTE Convention. Information about the 40+ sessions that will be offered at the meeting—including several optional sessions on Friday—is now available on the NWP website. Deadline: November 8 More ›

Book Your Rooms for the 2015 Annual Meeting Now

Be sure to reserve your sleeping room for the 2015 NWP Annual Meeting on Thursday, November 19 in Minneapolis. Sleeping rooms at the Hilton Minneapolis, NWP's headquarters hotel, are sold out, but rooms are available at several nearby hotels through the NCTE Housing Bureau. Book soon to ensure that you have lodging for the meeting. Additional details on travel and housing are available on the NWP website.  More ›

Upcoming Events

New Mobile Literacies—A Global Conversations in Literacy Research Webinar

In this open-access webinar, Dr. Guy Merchant, a researcher who studies the inter-relations between children and young people, new technology, and literacy, will discuss the role of mobile devices in everyday and educational settings. October 18, 8:00 a.m. PDT/11:00 a.m. EDT More ›

#whyiwrite: 2015 National Day on Writing

Join NWP in celebrating writing in all its forms: through photos, film, and graphics; pens, pencils, and computers; in graphs, etchings, and murals; on sidewalks, screens, and paper. This year we are asking people in our community to share their writing life with us. Post your writing during the National Day on Writing Tweet-Up on October 20 with the hashtag #whyiwrite. More ›

Educator Innovator

No Bells, No Walls: Learning from the 2014 LRNG Innovation Challenge Grantees

Join us for a series of conversations with Writing Project colleagues and educators who led projects that were awarded 2014 LRNG Innovation Challenge grants. Our guests will share the work they have been doing alongside youth as they produce, tinker, experiment, make, perform, and create in all sorts of ways to expand time and space for youth interests and production-centered work in their schools and teaching/learning contexts.

  • Educator Innovator webinars:

    • October 14, (archived)
    • October 21, 4:00 p.m. PDT/7:00 p.m. EDT
    • October 28, 1:00 p.m. PDT/4:00 p.m. EDT

  • NWP Radio: October 22, 4:00 p.m. PDT/7:00 p.m. EDT

More ›

Announcing Collective Shift and Launch of the
New LRNG

Last week NWP and Educator Innovator, along with partners across the country, announced the formation of Collective Shift, a nonprofit organization whose mission is to redesign social systems for the connected age. The initial focus of Collective Shift is LRNG, a movement to create a 21st-century ecosystem of learning that combines in-school, out-of-school, work-based, and online learning opportunities that are visible and accessible to all. Learn more about LRNG and sign up for information about the 2015 LRNG Innovators Challenge grant. More ›

Contact Us

Tell Us Your Thoughts

All NWP site directors, co-directors, technology liaisons, and principal investigators are automatically subscribed to this bimonthly site bulletin, and we encourage you to forward this message to others at your site. Please send notification of site leadership transitions or changes in contact information to [log in to unmask]. Send general comments or questions about the National Writing Project to [log in to unmask].

Digital Is

Breaking Down the Walls

by Kate O'Connell

Happy Connected Educator Month!

by Karen Fasimpaur

Connect on the Web

Educator Innovator

Digital Is

Twitter

Facebook

Google+

LinkedIn

NWP Radio

YouTube

More ›

National Writing Project | University of California | 2105 Bancroft Way #1042 | Berkeley, CA 94720-1042