I've enclosed a small sample of articles on the use of concept mapping that you might find valuable.  The Robinson et al. article approaches the structure of our task most closely: "An Examination of Community Members', Researchers' and Health Professionals' Perceptions of Barriers to Minority Participation in Medical Research: An Application of Concept Mapping" -- except that they are focused only on barriers and their focus is mainly (or perhaps exclusively) on research subject participation.
Barbara

From: PDQNet Core Research Team [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Norton, Barbara L. (HSC)
Sent: Thursday, February 04, 2016 8:43 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Unfinished Concept Mapping Tasks - Top Priority

Enclosed is the agenda from today's CRT meeting with highlighting and notes embedded (also posted to SS, line 62/63).  The notes (in blue boxes) indicate what concept mapping-related decisions we still need to make or what information we need to quickly provide in order to get started.  (Fyi, the real minutes will get posted soon, but I knew we couldn't wait!)

The highlighting on the agenda/notes document in yellow indicate agenda items where there are decisions to be made/info to be provided.  The green highlighting simply alerts you to some new language or suggestions within those items.  On the right hand side are blue box arrows with requests for input, e.g. rating criteria, or information, e.g., names/emails.

I'm asking CRT members to provide their feedback on each of the decision/request for info items by replying to this email (which will reply to all) NO LATER THAN MONDAY AFTERNOON, FEB. 8.  These items include:

*         Further recommendations about the prompt (please review the Guidance document too, enclosed, and see that more relevant prompt examples have been added)

*         Recommendations on rating criteria to use

*         Recommendations on demographic variables to include

*         Confirmation of 2-5 expert team members/site by name

*         Names/emails of min. 5 PBRN reps and min. 5 academic researchers that will do concept mapping activity (Lyndee, if you don't have academic researchers to do this, not to worry.  Just focus on identifying PBRN steering committee members or other clinicians in LANet.)

If you can't get everything together, get what you can!

Thanks much and have a wonderful weekend,
Barbara

Barbara L. Norton, DrPH
Assistant Professor of Research // Research Division
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine // University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
900 NE 10th St  Room 2209 // Oklahoma City OK 73104
p  405.271.3733   |  c  405.308.0801  |  f  405.271.2784  |  e  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>