INSTRUCTIONS: When you reply to the group, please delete "From, To, Date Subject" lines as well as your signature line.  That way we can better see what limited set of prompts we're trying to examine & improve.  Feel free to add a new iteration of a prompt to the top of the list and/or provide initialed brief comments/critiques of the various options.  I will monitor the e-discussion and end it when it appears we have a consensus decision.  Hopefully, soon!  Thanks to all, bln

MOST RECENT IDEAS FOR PROMPTS, IN ORDER OF SUGGESTION (with comments below each in italics)

What specific action might be taken to make sure that the ideas, needs, and participation of communities are a priority [in research] by those who study health and health care improvement?

What specific action could people who study health and health care take to make sure the ideas and needs of community members are incorporated into their studies?
High literacy & complex sentence - zn
Seems to place onus for taking action only on researchers.  "Incorporated" seems to be too complicated a word, but sentence seems fine - bln

What specific action might be taken to help communities take an active part in healthcare research or in activities that improve healthcare?
What about the agency of communities? Have we tended to flip from one kind of one-sidedness to another with this one? - bln
I interpreted as all inclusive, since CBOs tend to be really protective of the communities they serve. - ltb
Also, it doesn't seem to go far enough. - bln

What specific action might be taken to make community voices heard by who study health and health care improvement? [OR Specific actions that might be taken, to make community voices heard by those who study health and health care improvement, would be (to) ...]

PREVIOUSLY TESTED PROMPT  (some felt it placed the onus for taking action only on communities, some didn't like the phrase "community voice," and some thought the phrasing was complicated)

A specific action that individuals and communities might take, to make their voices heard by those who study health and health care improvement, would be (to) ..."