Center for
Early Childhood Professional Development

                                                        [cid:6CCB1D7F-AEFA-45EB-B018-C02ED4949330]          [cid:92036150-1B03-430C-A48B-D7EEBEBA161A]

Leaders ACHIEVE

Interested in learning about peer coaching?
Need to know more about progress monitoring?
Want to know how data walls work?

Classroom teachers and principals from Western Heights Public Schools
will share their yearlong journey into instructional leadership.

This professional development opportunity,
offered free of charge through an Increasing Teacher Quality grant
from the Oklahoma State Regents of Higher Education,
is open to all educators in Oklahoma.

April 30, 2016
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon
Mid America Technology Center
27438 SH 59 (West of I 35)
Wayne, OK

Workshop Sessions provide
3 Hours of Staff Development Credit

Bridgestone Intermediate School
"Peer coaching-An Opportunity to Take Your Teaching from Good to Great"
Jennifer Colvin, Principal
Christy Bolster, 6th Grade Math
Cindy Cook, Title I Reading
Mary Lee, Title I Reading

Presentation Summary:  How can you take your teaching from good to great?  Teachers all have strengths they can share with each other!  In this presentation participants will earn how the process of working as a team can help sharpen their skills and improve their craft.  See how teachers work together and use videos and classroom visits to reflect on these main questions:  What I saw? What I enjoyed? What I might suggest?

Council Grove Elementary School
"Coaching-The Raw Truth"
Shelly Braisher, Principal
Jennifer Hanson, District Reading Coach
Nancy Myers, Title I Reading
Dana Smith, 2nd Grade Teacher

Presentation Summary:  This presentation will focus on what it looks like to implement baby steps in peer coaching while facing David and Goliath size challenges.

Greenvale Elementary School
"Data, Data. Data OR The Wall"

Diane Klein, Principal
Courtney Clark, 1st Grade Teacher
Stacey Miller, 4th Grade Teacher

Presentation Summary:  Data, now what?  Learn how data connects to your students, their learning and pushes you to reflect on your teaching.  Data promotes you to engage in dialogue with colleagues, students, and parents.  Come talk about data and leave with reassurance of how data is a stepping-stone to your instruction.

John Glenn Elementary School
"We Wanna Grow Our Own!!!"

Archie Scott, Principal
Lindsey Thomas, Assistant Principal
Tiffany Johnson, 1st Grade Teacher
Shannon Pappas, 4th Grade Teacher

Presentation Summary:  You walk into your class and just walking in the door screams uncertainty.  I don't really know what I'm doing.  You may be a new "beginning teacher" or a seasoned "5-year plus veteran."  With all this sudden feeling of incompetency you ask, "What do I do? Where do I go?  When is the next PD that can possibly help?  Do I know of someone who I feel will understand and help me work through this?  Should I let anyone know?  Whoa! I may be having a work-related breakdown."  You have peers!  They have your back!  That's why we're here.  We have things to show.  You have a place where you might go to grow!

Winds West Elementary School
"Embracing the Journey of Peer Coaching"

Nancy Ingle, Principal
Kathleen Willbourn, 3rd Grade Teacher
Erica Wiszneauckas-Reeves, Kindergarten Teacher

Presentation Summary:  Too often we feel like teaching is a journey we take by ourselves.  Peer coaching provides us with the strategy and the means to surround ourselves with good company.  Traveling through self-discovery and building relationships requires validation, recognition, reflection and a solid plan for implementation.
Priscilla L. Griffith, Ph.D.
Professor and Ruth G. Hardman Chair in Education
Director of the Oklahoma Writing Project
Jeannine Rainbolt College of Education
University of Oklahoma
338 Cate Center Drive, Room 190
Norman, OK 73019
TEL 405-325-3534/CELL 405-496-1111/FAX 405-325-7841