From: John Hilbert <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2016 12:24 PM
To: Griffith, Priscilla L.
Subject: tutoring workshop

Ms. Griffith,

My name is John Hilbert and I am the Young Adult Services Librarian at Southern Oaks Library in Oklahoma City. I have a Reading Buddies/Homework Help program at my library and I am looking for some tutor training for about 15-20 high school volunteers. These students come from the south side of OKC. They are community oriented and dedicated. I think they would benefit very much from some training in good tutoring practices.

Do you know anyone in the Oklahoma City area, maybe from OU or one of the other universities, that may be able to do a reading tutor workshop for some high school students? This might be a good opportunity for an education or early childhood education student or graduate student. I appreciate any help you may be able to provide. Thank you!

John

John Hilbert, Librarian/Young Adult Services

Southern Oaks Public Library

6900 S Walker Ave. OKC OK 73139

(405) 631-4468