Funding is not yet approved, but they expect to have openings and use a similar process for 2017. Applications have to go through the Office of Undergraduate Research!! Start planning now – lots of different opportunities in Gaithersburg MD, a few in Boulder CO.

SW

From: Toliver, Brandi (Fed) [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2016 6:44 PM
To: Walden, Susan E. <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: RE: SURF program

Hello Susan,

Thank you for your e-mail. The SURF Program is expected to occur in 2017. The Federal Funding Opportunity (FFO) must be approved before the website can be updated. We hope to have the FFO approved by mid-November. We don’t anticipate the application process changing so students can work on the different application components (with the exception of the application itself) in advance without the approved FFO.

Also, I will update your university’s contact info soon. Thank you for the update.

Please let me know if you have additional questions. Hope to see applicants from your institution for the 2017 Program.

Best regards,

Brandi

Dr. Brandi Toliver

Managing Program Director, Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship Program (SURF) and Professional Research Experience Program (PREP)

Office of International and Academic Affairs

National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)

Email: [log in to unmask]

Telephone: (301)975-2371

Fax: (301)975-3530

“Each and every single day, some young person is out there changing the world in ways both big and small.”

          – First Lady Michelle Obama (May 17, 2009)