Leandra Hernandez, [log in to unmask]

CFP: Latina/o Communication Studies

Call For Papers

Latina/o Communication Studies: Theories, Methods, and Practice

Forthcoming with Lexington Books

Editors: Dr. Leandra H. Hernandez, Dr. Diana I. Bowen, Dr. Amanda R.
Martinez, & Dr. Sarah De Los Santos Upton

We invite scholars to submit chapter proposals that focus on Latina/o
Communication Studies topics in the areas of organizational communication,
health communication, rhetoric and social movements, strategic
communication and public relations, and border studies and communication.
Latina/o Communication Studies offers an array of scholarship by and about
Latina/os, such as Valdivia’s (2008) Latina/o Communication Studies Today
and Holling and Calafell’s (2011) Latina/o Discourse in Vernacular Spaces:
Somos de Una Voz? Building from this vision of making our voices heard and
our scholarship widely available, the goals of this edited volume are
threefold: 1) to expand and focus on current Latina/o Communication Studies
scholarship; 2) to serve as both a primary and supplemental book for
undergraduate and graduate courses in Communication Studies courses and
Latina/o Communication Studies courses; and 3) to provide a new resource
for Latina/o Communication Studies and Commu!
 nication Studies scholars and practitioners. We welcome theoretical
manuscripts, research manuscripts/studies, and essays that specifically
speak to the role of research theories and methods in Latina/o
Communication Studies.

Research Topics

Topics may include (but are not limited to):

- Organizational communication: Latinas/os in employment contexts, Latina/o
organizations, Latina/o employment experiences.

- Health communication: cultural competence programs; Latina/o health
experiences in all contexts (mental, reproductive, geriatric, etc.); health
campaigns; gender, culture, religion, dis/ability, and health intersections.

- Advertising/marketing communication: Latinas/os as consumers; public
relations and marketing campaigns by and for Latina/o populations and
target audiences.

- Latinas/os and the media: media representations of Latinas/os; Latina/os
as media producers and consumers; Latina/o audience reception; Latina/o new
media and social media use and activism.

- Latina/o border studies: applied approaches to border organizing and
border experiences; Latina/o citizenship; Latina/o immigration; hybrid
identities.

- Latina/o rhetorical communication: Latinas/os as producers and consumer
of rhetorical messages; Latina/p rhetorical methods; possibilities and
limitations of Latina/o rhetorical communication.

- Latinas/os and social movements: Latina/o organizing efforts, grassroots,
leadership, community organizing, legal issues, intersectionality of
movements.

- Latina/o Theories and Methods: Theoretical and methodological approaches
scholars use in centering Latinas/os, including a critical reflection on
past, present, and future trajectories and a critical interrogation of how
we might enrich our scholarship as our disciplinary Latina/o focus
progresses and evolves.

Submission Requirements & Dates

To be considered for inclusion, potential authors should submit the
following to [log in to unmask] by April 1, 2017:

1.      A 1- to 2-page chapter proposal

2.      A CV (for all authors, if proposing a collaboration chapter)

3.      A 150-word biography that explains submitters’ positions,
university/college affiliations, and research areas/specialties. Note: At
least one contributor must hold a PhD in the field.

tentatively due by October 1, 2017. Publication citation styles and
formatting requirements will be sent at a later date.

--
Know Justice; Know Peace,
Rev. Dr. E-K. Daufin
Professor of Communications
Alabama State University
National Media Size Equity Expert
Winner -- 2000 MaryAnn Yodelis-Smith
  Research Award AEJMC CSW
AEJMC MAC Membership Chair
915 S. Jackson St., MTG, AL 36101-0271
334-229-6885
*Follow me to my home country where the definitions are daufinations at:*
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__daufination.blogspot.com&d=DwIFaQ&c=qKdtBuuu6dQK9MsRUVJ2DPXW6oayO8fu4TfEHS8sGNk&r=UOZidMzJwbmtIUf-oNDZ03OzNKewGBP--iZAQ4Ln2Ts&m=YXA-DzXs5KhIEAvlqt5b-PbNpmGkY2-zUwWfzHfFp_0&s=f3aYPnXYplkpuOOnypVRA9ETk73tP48OLZzgHJlXlic&e=
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__pinterest.com_ekdaufin_&d=DwIFaQ&c=qKdtBuuu6dQK9MsRUVJ2DPXW6oayO8fu4TfEHS8sGNk&r=UOZidMzJwbmtIUf-oNDZ03OzNKewGBP--iZAQ4Ln2Ts&m=YXA-DzXs5KhIEAvlqt5b-PbNpmGkY2-zUwWfzHfFp_0&s=TeplNVb86zWV605NV5iI9SbkNEvObHpHdR-tWhhjRkQ&e=
and www.home.earthlink.net/~ekdaufin
*Your research and creative activity referrals are welcomed.*
*With all my heat & heart I want to work with and for kind, competent,
strong people who love and help me and I they.  Ashe!*