Hello:

My name is Grace Jackson-Brown and I’m a librarian at Missouri State University. I have a doctorate in mass communication and at one time I was a member of MAC. I am seeking a speaker and scholar who can provide historical context to early racist commercial art in advertising and the media from the 1920s and 1930s. The library at Missouri State University plans to host an exhibit in the spring on Racist Commercial Art in the 1920s and 1930s. I learned about these plans for the exhibit a few months ago and inquired if a speaker would be provide to give historical context for the exhibit and was told nothing was planned. I would like to ask those on this list if anyone could recommend a speaker or if they’d be personally interested in being hired as a speaker for this event.

Please email directly with names and credentials and speaking fees: [log in to unmask]

Thank you!

Grace M. Jackson-Brown, PhD, MLS

Associate Professor, Library Science

Missouri State University

Duane G. Meyer Library, room 110F

901 South National Ave, Springfield, MO 65897

Telephone: (417)836-4547