Depending on the evening, I can be there.

73,

Kim N5OP

On Sun, Jan 15, 2017 at 6:45 PM, Peter Laws <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Unfortunately, I find myself needing to fly out of town Tuesday on a
> family emergency.  A ton of things to do before then.  I was really
> looking forward to meeting with you all.
>
> If other members suddenly appear you *do* end up meeting and you end
> up with pizza - save receipts!  :-)
>
> Peter
> N5UWY
> --
> Peter Laws, BS, MRCP / N5UWY
> National Weather Center / Network Operations Center
> University of Oklahoma Information Technology
>

> On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 8:18 AM, Bouziden, Grace N.
> <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> > I think campus corner is a good idea. How about Hideaway pizza? I'm
> really looking forward to this semester and being a part of the club as
> well as learning more about ham radio in general.
> >
> > -Grace
> >
> > Sent from my iPhone
> >
> >> On Jan 12, 2017, at 3:22 PM, Peter Laws <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> >>
> >> First, free money:
> >>
> >> http://www.arrl.org/news/arrl-foundation-2017-2018-
> scholarship-application-deadline-looms
> >>
> >> Ask past-president Carey, N5RM, if these scholarships are real.  :-)
> >> I forget his total haul but it was at least 4 digits.  Maybe 5.
> >> Helps, of course, to be a good student.
> >>
> >> Second:
> >>
> >> Let's have a pre-semester meeting on the Reverend Dr Martin Luther
> >> King's birthday holiday.  Y'all should be in town but not yet
> >> semestering.  There is a little money in the club treasury to cover,
> >> say, pizza or something.  We can either pick a place on Campus Corner
> >> or grab some pizza and meet on campus (NWC or elsewhere).  I did check
> >> around and it seems most or all places are open for business on the
> >> holiday.
> >>
> >> We have some new student hams (or soon to be hams - their licenses
> >> still haven't posted) and we need to get some momentum going.
> >>

> >> Also, don't forget that we have a Facebook page at
> >> https://www.facebook.com/OklahomaStudentAmateurRadioClub
> >>

> >> --
> >> Peter Laws, BS, MRCP / N5UWY
> >> National Weather Center / Network Operations Center
> >> University of Oklahoma Information Technology

Kim Elmore, Ph.D. (Adj. Assoc. Prof., OU School of Meteorology, CCM, PP
SEL/MEL/Glider, N5OP, 2nd Class Radiotelegraph, GROL)

*"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in
practice, there is." – Attributed to many people; it’s so true that it
doesn’t matter who said it.*