TEXAS SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY

School of Communication

3100 Cleburne Street, Houston, Texas 77004 -- 713 313 7740

37th Intercultural Communication Conference, 2017

CONFERENCE DATE: APRIL 20, 2017

ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 13, 2017

For its coming Intercultural Communication Conference, the School of Communication at Texas Southern University invites students, scholars, professionals and administrators to submit proposals or abstracts for papers, discussions, and/or presentations that address issues in communication within various contexts and are related to this theme:

Agency, Privilege, and Voice:

Communicating in the Age of Globalization and Multiculturalism

The subjects presenters may address in the abstracts or proposals may include, but are not limited to, the following:

Contesting Discursive Spaces                                                         Social Media, Civic Engagement and Civil Society

International Communication and Multiculturalism                    Interpersonal Communication and Multiculturalism

Communication, Social Activism and Social Movements          Communication and “Globalization” vs. “Globalism”

Communication and Multiculturalism in the Classroom                            Organizational Communication and Multiculturalism

Mass Media, Cultural Awareness, and Individual Identity           The Dark or Dysfunctional in Social Media Utilization

‘Old’ Media, ‘New’ Media, and Traditional ‘News Values’         Old Media, New Media, and Multiple Membership(s)

The organizers anticipate that the contributions to the Conference would include (a) those with a focus that is entirely in communication, (b) those with a focus in communication that is inspired or informed or directed by issues in other disciplines, and (c) those with a focus located in other disciplines but with the communication implications highlighted.

Submission Details and Guidelines:

  1. Contributions may be theoretical, methodological, qualitative, ethnographic, and/or quantitative.
  2. If you have received word of the acceptance of your proposed contribution for presentation or publication, or if you already have presented or published it, you should make this clear at the time of the submission.  This will not affect the decision to on acceptance of the contribution.
  3. Proposals for panel discussions preferably would focus on a unifying idea relevant to research, theory, teaching, professional practice, or administration, as well as the theme of the conference.
  4. Participants in proposed panels should include of a chair, paper presenters, and a respondent; however, we encourage round-table discussions, symposia, debates, and other formats. In these formats, respondents may be included or omitted as appropriate.
  5. We encourage the submission of creative or innovative program proposals, especially those that are related to the theme and that provide for interaction among participants and attendees.
  6. Proposals for papers should include the name(s) of the author or author(s), titles of the papers, and abstracts of no more than 150 words.
  7. Proposals for panel discussions should include: titles of and rationales for the panels/programs; titles and 100-word abstracts for each of the presentations; names, affiliations, addresses, phone numbers and e-mail addresses of all participants; names of chairs and respondents (if any); and descriptions of the panels (75-100 words) as they would appear in the conference program.
  8. Please submit your proposal or abstract electronically no later than FEBRUARY 13, 2017. Should or­ganiz­ers accept your abstract, you will receive more information about the conference, includ­ing the time by which you must submit your full paper to the review committee. Note that the acceptance of submissions by the organizers of the conference implies that they believe that the author(s) of the submission(s) or appropriate alternative participant(s) will attend the conference.

Please send abstracts or proposals via e-mail to Dr. Humphrey A. Regis at [log in to unmask]

THE DEADLINE IS FEBRUARY 13, 2017

For more information on the conference, please contact Dr. Regis at 713 313 7435

The Intercultural Communication Conference provides a forum in which students, scholars, professionals, and civic-min­ded citizens explore topics in communication studies with cultural, political, economic, and social implications.

Know Justice; Know Peace,
Rev. Dr. E-K. Daufin
Professor of Communications
Alabama State University
National Media Size Equity Expert
Winner -- 2000 MaryAnn Yodelis-Smith
  Research Award AEJMC CSW
AEJMC MAC Membership Chair
915 S. Jackson St., MTG, AL 36101-0271
334-229-6885
Follow me to my home country where the definitions are daufinations at:
http://daufination.blogspot.com
http://pinterest.com/ekdaufin/
and www.home.earthlink.net/~ekdaufin
Your research and creative activity referrals are welcomed.
With all my heat & heart I want to work with and for kind, competent, strong people who love and help me and I they.  Ashe!