Dear OURMEDIA Friends,

The Hungarian Parliament has proposed legislation that would make it
impossible for CEU- my university, my employer, my home- to exist. This is
targeted and discriminatory legislation to shut down a fully accredited and
significant university in a European Union member state.
CEU has made it clear they will do everything in their power to fight
this.  I am very proud of the strong stand they are taking, speaking out
eloquently and unwaveringly in the face of this aggressive direct attack to
silence any form of dissent or critical thinking in Prime Minister Viktor
Orban's self-proclaimed "illiberal democracy".

A call for action is being prepared by my exceptional colleagues in CEU
administration, and as soon as it is available I will update the list.

Official statement from CEU:

https://www.ceu.edu/article/2017-03-28/ceu-responds-proposed-amendments-hungarian-higher-education-law

BBC article fro this morning:
<http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39429309>