The AEJMC 2017 Dearth of Diversity panel went VERY WELL and was well
attended. Thank you all who came!

The panel recommendations were clear: AEJ programs need: to have a
diversity PLAN, not just a desire; diversity training for new faculty
searches; to continue successful techniques with all the work they entail
each time, and we learned so much more. Someone suggested my 2001
Journalism Educator article on this subject and the recommendations there
(unfortunately) still need to be enacted. Thank you SO much to Lillian And
Laura for making this profound panel happen.

We look forward to seeing those who are at conference at the business
meeting tonight at 6:45 pm in the Great America room as well as at the
reception afterward with CSW (For the reception there is a $25 fee to
partially cover food and I believe you can still purchase tickets at the
registration which may close at 5 pm today.).

I am grateful for the opportunity to say goodbye to some and strengthen
future connections with others. See you tonight.

--
Know Justice; Know Peace,
Rev. Dr. E-K. Daufin
Professor of Communications
Alabama State University
National Media Size Equity Expert
Winner -- 2000 MaryAnn Yodelis-Smith
  Research Award AEJMC CSW
AEJMC MAC Membership Chair
915 S. Jackson St., MTG, AL 36101-0271
334-229-6885
*Follow me to my home country where the definitions are daufinations at:*
http://daufination.blogspot.com
http://pinterest.com/ekdaufin/
and www.home.earthlink.net/~ekdaufin
*Your research and creative activity referrals are welcomed.*
*With all my heat & heart I want to work with and for kind, competent,
strong people who love and help me and I they.  Ashe!*