MAC family,

   First, a big thanks to Meta for the reminder about the new edition of Race, Gender, Class & the Media!  I will spread the word on my Twitter feed and other social media.

   Second, I'd like to note that MAC members Sharon Bramlett-Solomon and E.K. Daufin, as well as other participants, did a fabulous job on the Dearth of Diversity panel at AEJMC's annual meeting in Chicaago. As panel moderator,  I said a few words about the late Evonne Whitmore, the Kent State professor who tirelessly researched issues of diversity, and held leadership positions in AEJMC.

   Finally, I'd like to thank E.K. for all of her contributions to AEJMC and MAC over the years. E.K. was MAC membership chair for 20 years! As you know, E.K. retired from her teaching at Alabama State this year, though she will continue with speaking engagements as an independenet scholar. We wish E.K. the best.

Thanks,

Lillian Williams

Lillian Williams, Ph.D.
Associate Professor