Dear MACers:

We need someone to replace me as Membership Outreach Coordinator. Dr Meta is the Membership Listserv Coordinator and is unable at this time to take over my duties in addition to her own.

Dr Meta created the ad hoc position for me 21 years ago and let me run with it. The position allowed me to serve as an officer even though the workload and poverty of my home institution did not allow me to serve and move up through the ranks in a regular position. You must be a member of AEJMC and MAC in good standing.

I will train whoever takes this important position that you may accomplish in short spurts of time you may make available and you are not required to attend Midwinter. It is preferable you attend as many once a year annual conferences as you can, coming early or at the very beginning of the conference. However you can still serve and do a lot of good even when you can't attend.

I am willing to train whoever is willing to fill the position that the Division Head Dr Mia approves. Forgive the typos as I am working from my phone. A list of all the possible ways you may, and I have contribute(d), in this position is too long to list here but you may leave a vm at my home office phone  334-270-8052 from 10 am - 8 pm CT only, if you have questions (vs add to my email burden now thanks).

Please contact Dr Mia Moody-Ramirez directly if you want the position. She should notify me when she accepts/appoints someone. Though I can answer your questions Dr Mia is the only one who can appoint you.

There is typically a lot of down time then a flurry of short-term activity. Someone at the Division meeting asked what is the weekly work load. It depends on how much you want to do and are asked to do but a very rough AVERAGE estimate would be 10-15 minutes a week from a smartphone or computer with a phone app. There may be rare USPS mailing that your institution should support.

I'll give you two examples now though.

 1. You may have noticed an email AEJMC officer nomination form in your inbox. The Membership Outreach Coordinator  should call for and coordinate (using the listserv and FB page) to get willing, qualified MACers nominated and later voted for in the national elections. All of us are inundated with messages we must take action on. You would make sure MACers saw the ballot and are reminded of who of our own want to, and later are, running.

2. You may have noticed Past Head Federico's email calling for help for our members in the Carribean so devastatingly affected by hurricanes Harvey and Irma. The Membership Outreach Coordinator would be helping him in that effort, identifying members and their needs etc.

I have loved serving in this position and the sense of belonging it created for me in the division and nationally. It helped me woo many current members to the division and give them a sense of belonging and appreciation also. It connected me in a special way to many of you as well as some in the national office.

I don't know if my old signature line is still in this system but at the moment I am unable to update it. Know that the phone and USPS address are no longer functional for contacting me.

Peace and Power and MAC (non-harassing) Love, Dr E-K

--
Know Justice; Know Peace,
Rev. Dr. E-K. Daufin
Professor of Communications
Alabama State University
National Media Size Equity Expert
Winner -- 2000 MaryAnn Yodelis-Smith
  Research Award AEJMC CSW
AEJMC MAC Membership Chair
915 S. Jackson St., MTG, AL 36101-0271
334-229-6885
Follow me to my home country where the definitions are daufinations at:
http://daufination.blogspot.com
http://pinterest.com/ekdaufin/
and www.home.earthlink.net/~ekdaufin
Your research and creative activity referrals are welcomed.
With all my heat & heart I want to work with and for kind, competent, strong people who love and help me and I they.  Ashe!