Dear MACers,

The MAC Division is recruiting mentors and those members who want to be mentored during the 2017-2018 academic year. The MAC Division will offer service awards to the mentors in next year’s AEJMC membership meeting.

In addition to finding mentors for doctoral students and new faculty members, we’d like to expand our program to those seeking advice from MAC members in similar walks of life – as administrators, full professors, associate and tenure-track professors.

Please complete the online form, which is designed for those willing to serve as mentors, those who want to be mentored and those in both roles. Please complete the survey by Oct. 31. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1jOMtyI6mU6n4UUvkZb8mOyaRlc2D190cEqR5qrSWN_I/prefill
[https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_RhCHY5v839cmUeJAIdrhkMuOknZp3-K5l6dwtNmqSaFpYs6MwJZe0vq_hlAowBP00A=w1200-h630-p]<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1jOMtyI6mU6n4UUvkZb8mOyaRlc2D190cEqR5qrSWN_I/prefill>

MAC Mentoring Program Form<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1jOMtyI6mU6n4UUvkZb8mOyaRlc2D190cEqR5qrSWN_I/prefill>
docs.google.com
Use this document if you want to be mentored, want to serve as a mentor or want both roles. We understand that in all walks of academic life, scholars -- especially those of color -- often need guidance from those who've gone through similar experiences. So whether you're a first-year graduate student or an administrator, you can request a mentor.

If you have any question(s) about the survey form and/or the mentorship program in general, please email them to Kathleen McElroy, chair of MAC division’s Committee on Mentorship Program, at [log in to unmask]

Thank you!

Kathleen McElroy,
Associate Director, School of Journalism
Office: 512-471-1965
Cell: 917-693-0548