*We* don’t want to repair it. I figure repairing it will be $600-800. New ones are $3000, so someone gets a deal if they pay ~$1000 as-is. So, we’ll sell it as-is and let someone else repair it. We’ll need those funds to help pay for the climber.

The new antenna is $1100 and a special deal from DX Engineering.

73,

Kim N5OP

On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 09:28 Brewster, Keith A. <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Any chance we can repair the ailing tunable yagi and sell it?  Then we don’t have to rely so much on the generosity of SCARS.

-Keith

From: OU Amateur Radio Club [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kim Elmore - NOAA Affiliate
Sent: Friday, November 17, 2017 9:16 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Antenna

A few things:

The two elements of the current antenna have been located and are in the loading dock.

I’ll have a climber come by next week to look at the tower. What documentation will be needed by the university for the climber to do the work?

The South Canadian Amateur Radio Sociey Radio club (SCARS) is form in its agreement to loan us the new antenna. Ken Brown will donate funds for the purchase., SCARS will buy it then have it shipped c/o me to the NWC for loan to the OUARC.

The new antenna will be assembled on the roof. I’m not sure how we’ll get old antenna down. It may be easier to lower it intact.

I expect we’ll be done in the next couple of moths.

73,

Kim N5OP

--

Kim Elmore, Ph.D. (Adj. Assoc. Prof., OU School of Meteorology, CCM, PP SEL/MEL/Glider, N5OP, 2nd Class Radiotelegraph, GROL)

"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." – Attributed to many people; it’s so true that it doesn’t matter who said it.