From: FOR THE MINORITIES AND COMMUNICATION DIV. OF AEJMC <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Anita Fleming-Rife <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2018 12:42:19 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: 50th Anniversary of Kerner

In the past, we have been able to organize plenaries when we wanted to recognize significant milestones.  We did one in Kansas City for the 50th Anniversary of Brown.

My masters’ thesis was on the 20th Anniversary of the Kerner Commission Report.  This commission was convened by President Lyndon B. Johnson to study the causes of the 1967 riots.  Their findings had a direct impact on the early hiring of African Americans in our nation’s newsrooms and . . . .
I hope that we, MAC, keep up with significant milestones—milestones that pertain to our raison d etre.

Two cents worth from this retired person. 😍

With  Kindness,

Anita Fleming-Rife, Ph.D.

Kindness is a language that  the mute can speak and the deaf can hear.

"Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today."  Malcom X

Sent from my iPhone