MAC members,

We are finalizing our line-up for the Panels that MAC Division will sponsor or co-sponsor at our upcoming Annual Conference in August.

There is ONE panel where we have an opportunity to showcase some of our MAC members, particularly those who have done research or teaching in this area.

We are the secondary sponsor with the Sports Media Interest Group on a panel entitled "From Smith & Carlos to Abdul-Rauf to Kaepernick: What is next for the Advocate Athlete and the Press that Covers Them?"

With a mix of researchers and professionals, this panel would take a brief look back at the role activist athletes in social movements and eras and also look ahead at what might be in store for their callings, their careers and also for the media that cover them.

This session is scheduled for Wednesday, August 8 from 1:45 to 3:15 p.m.

If you think you would like to participate on this panel, please e-mail me DIRECTLY (not to the MAC listserv).   Thank you, in advance, for your response.

--
George L. Daniels, Ph.D.
Associate Professor