YES-- we will not have a separate MAC Social this year.    Remember, the convention is on a Monday-Thurs. schedule this year.

On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 9:39 PM, Stringer, Sharon <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

HI All,

Does this Soiree take the place of our traditional Friday or Saturday night social?

Sharon Stringer, Ph.D.
Professor of Communication
Lock Haven University, 603 Robinson
570-484-2092

From: FOR THE MINORITIES AND COMMUNICATION DIV. OF AEJMC <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of George Daniels <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2018 10:08:32 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Lionel Barrow Scholarship Soiree- Coordinator NEEDED

MAC Members,

Here's another e-mail related to our plans for the upcoming Annual Conference in Washington, DC.

We have put in place plans for a Lionel Barrow Minority Doctoral Scholarship Soiree, which will take place on Wednesday evening, August 8 at City Tap House DC, which located a few steps from our Conference Hotel, The Renaissance.

Proceeds from the soiree will benefit the Barrow Minority Doctoral Scholarship, which MAC supports in conjunction with the Communication, Theory & Methodology Division.

Since MAC is the lead sponsor for this fundraiser, we need one or two of our MAC members to coordinate this event.   As vice head/program chair, I've focused on the logistics (reviewing bids, blocking programming time) and finances.      But, I'm NOT GOOD at planning a party (smile).

That's where help is needed.   I need one or two volunteers who will work directly with the restaurant to select menu options, develop a promotional strategy to encourage AEJMC members to buy the $50 tickets for the soiree  (which will be included in the general conference registration form) and develop a nice 15-min. program that we'll put on during the event in our private room space at the restaurant that evening.   The event is blocked in the AEJMC schedule to run from 8:45 p.m. to 10 p.m. that evening.

It will follow the CT&M Members' Meeting.

Please e-mail me directly if you would be willing to help oversee the planning for this event during our conference.

--
George L. Daniels, Ph.D.
Associate Professor

--