Dear esteemed colleagues,

It is my great pleasure to send you the application information for the 2018 Dr. Paula  M. Poindexter Research Grant. The grant was named after Dr. Poindexter for her tireless contributions to our division, to AEJMC and to our field of research.

Information about the grant, including links to the applications, is located on the MAC website: http://www.mediadiversityforum.lsu.edu/MAC/research-grant.html <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.mediadiversityforum.lsu.edu_MAC_research-2Dgrant.html&d=DwMGaQ&c=qKdtBuuu6dQK9MsRUVJ2DPXW6oayO8fu4TfEHS8sGNk&r=UOZidMzJwbmtIUf-oNDZ03OzNKewGBP--iZAQ4Ln2Ts&m=QYzro7Gn8IObTaBg6zS2BxeAhs1rUcNM9ZWWOW9Z0IY&s=hVTT8xgXCitTaFRQzw88EQJmbD8s83BPoGXSLh53hE8&e=>
The deadline for the grant application is June 1, 2018, at 11:59 EDT.

Please note: there are two applications. One application is for student-only research; projects with faculty researchers are not eligible to enter this competition. The other application is for faculty-involved research; we will award one project up to $500. You can be a PI on only one project. You must be a current member of MAC (as of June 1, 2018) to be eligible for the award. You can check your membership status by contacting AEJMC Membership Director Pamella Price at [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>. All guidelines and rules are listed on the website and in the grant application.

Finally, a note of gratitude: We would not be able to make any of this happen without you. Thank you for being a member of the MAC community. In order to sustain and build our initiatives, we have to maintain our membership. I hope that you will continue to check the box for MAC when you renew your application and consider encouraging others to join. Also, if you would like to directly contribute to any of our initiatives (including the Dr. Paula M. Poindexter Research Grant, the Dr. Carolyn Stroman New Graduate Membership Award, or the Top Research Paper Awards) AEJMC has a direct link for donations: https://aejmc2.wufoo.com/forms/aejmc-contributions/ <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__aejmc2.wufoo.com_forms_aejmc-2Dcontributions_&d=DwMGaQ&c=qKdtBuuu6dQK9MsRUVJ2DPXW6oayO8fu4TfEHS8sGNk&r=UOZidMzJwbmtIUf-oNDZ03OzNKewGBP--iZAQ4Ln2Ts&m=QYzro7Gn8IObTaBg6zS2BxeAhs1rUcNM9ZWWOW9Z0IY&s=Vs9BybP2V3b2vIfL6H9WtfL2G5rW3gOrjQdXTnY4uPM&e=>
There is a space for titled "Contribution Choice” > choose other. Then, there is a section called "write-in contribution choice,” > designate donations to MAC and the award.

Should you have any questions about the grant application, please feel free to contact me at [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>. I look forward to seeing you in Washington, D.C. in just a few short months.

All the best,

Danielle

Danielle K. Kilgo, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Journalism
The Media School
Indiana University
www.daniellekilgo.com <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.daniellekilgo.com&d=DwMGaQ&c=qKdtBuuu6dQK9MsRUVJ2DPXW6oayO8fu4TfEHS8sGNk&r=UOZidMzJwbmtIUf-oNDZ03OzNKewGBP--iZAQ4Ln2Ts&m=QYzro7Gn8IObTaBg6zS2BxeAhs1rUcNM9ZWWOW9Z0IY&s=_YueUpR7mtDLbyhbzGB0ok2YcGHWeGt923JzwcICQrY&e=>