Members of the Minorities and Communication Division,

Tomorrow (Monday, July 9) is the Early Bird Registration Deadline for our Annual Conference.   Here's a direct link to Annual Conference Registration form:

https://aejmc2.wufoo.com/forms/2018-conference-registration-form/

As you're finalizing your plans for attending our annual conference, please don't forget to include  TWO Special ticketed events that our Minorities and Communication Division is co-sponsoring:

1) Trailblazers of Diversity Luncheon  ($50)
The MAC And Scholastic Journalism Divisions are teaming up with the AEJMC Trailblazers of Diversity Project for a special awards luncheon on Wednesday, August 8 at 12:15 p.m., immediately following the AEJMC Town Hall (formerly known as the  Business Meeting).   Speakers at the luncheon will mark the 50th anniversary of the Kerner Commission Report and the Robert Knight Multicultural Recruitment Award will be presented.     Also, during the luncheon, we'll have brief remarks from this year's Barrow Research Award Winner, our own MAC Division Head Mia Moody Ramirez.        You don't want to miss this luncheon.   We see this as a SIGNATURE Diversity Event for AEJMC.

2) Lee Barrow Scholarship Soiree
On Wednesday evening, we are pleased to team up with the Communication, Theory and Methodology Division is sponsoring a fundraiser for the Lee Barrow Minority Doctoral Scholarship.    See attached YOUR INVITATION for this event at 8:45 p.m.  At the Soiree, we'll feature past winners of the Barrow Scholarship and formally CELEBRATE the legacy of late Lee Barrow, founder of the MAC Division.    It was 50 years ago this summer that Dr. Barrow first issued a letter calling for what was then known as "AEJ" to address racial and ethnic diversity.    Please join us in marking this milestone while ALSO paving the way for future doctoral students of color through the Barrow Scholarship.

Again, Attached is your formal invitation to the Barrow Scholarship Soiree.   Thanks to Dr. Monica Flippin-Wynn for coordinating our Scholarship Soiree.

We ask that you register for BOTH The Trailblazers Luncheon AND the Scholarship Soiree when you register for the conference.    Additional tickets for the soiree can be purchased on site, but the cost will be $60 rather than $50.

We'll be sending additional updates in the next couple weeks reminding you about events during our 2018 conference, which is now less than one month away.

--
George L. Daniels, Ph.D.
Associate Professor