Hello MAC Members,

We are about TWO WEEKS away from the start of our Annual Conference in Washington, DC. As we start the countdown to our conference, we will be sending a few e-mails over the next week with last-minute reminders.

Please note that the Minorities and Communication Members’ Meeting  is set for   TUESDAY, August 7<x-apple-data-detectors://10> at<x-apple-data-detectors://10>  1:30 p.m.<x-apple-data-detectors://10> We are meeting in the daytime and we’ll have some mid-afternoon refreshments. Join us as we review progress over the last year.

If you have items that you would like for us to discuss as a division, please send those agenda items to MAC Division Head Mia Moody-Ramirez ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) as soon as possible.  We’ll send the agenda and minutes from our last meeting to the listserv a few days before the conference.

As we look toward 2018-2019,  it is time to think about the next leadership for the MAC Division for 2018-2019.

Here are the officers we will need to elect:

Head (Person must have served previously as Vice Head)
Vice Head/Program Chair
Faculty Research Chair
Student Research Chair
Midwinter Research Chair
Professional Freedom and Responsibility Chair
Teaching Chair
Membership Chair
Newsletter Editor
Graduate Student Liaison

If you are interested in serving in any capacity with the division, please e-mail MAC Head Mia Moody-Ramirez and MAC Vice Head George Daniels.      It is always BEST if we have a slate of officers, all of whom have carefully considered serving beforehand, instead of people making the decision at the last minute during the meeting.

If you are interested in serving, but cannot attend the conference, you may still be considered.  Following the election, our new officers will meet on Wednesday, August 8<x-apple-data-detectors://13> to plan for 2018-2019, officially beginning their roles October 1, 2018<x-apple-data-detectors://15>.

To help you prepare for your leadership role, AEJMC offers training for new officers on Thursday, August 9.<x-apple-data-detectors://16>

Thank you for your continued interest in the AEJMC MAC Division. We are looking forward to seeing you all in two weeks!

Sincerely,

Mia Moody-Ramirez, MAC Head & George Daniels, MAC Vice Head