Colleagues, please forward this announcement below to interested faculty, students, and affiliated members of your communities.

Best,
Ben

Communication in the Americas III:
Communication in Times of Change of Change and Challenge

Final EXTENDED Call for Abstracts

The School of Communication Studies at Ohio University and the Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities at the University of Manizales, Colombia invite students, scholars, and researchers from across the University to submit abstracts for presentation at our 2018 Symposium.

The theme this year is 'Communication in Times of Change and Challenge.' The meeting will feature a wide range of talks, discussions, and networking opportunities with scholars from both our universities and beyond.

This is an opportunity to share your research and creative activity with international colleagues who are actively aligning communication as an approach to resolving challenges posed in law, society, health, and policy, and beyond.

We welcome abstracts of empirical, theoretical, and philosophical natures. Investigators at all career stages are encouraged to submit one or more abstracts. We are particularly interested in research in progress.

Abstracts will be peer reviewed. Acceptance will be based on content, available space, and overall program balance. Oral presentations will take place on Friday, September 14, 2018 in Baker Center on the Ohio University campus.

The submission deadline is September 4, 2018, at 11:30 p.m. EDT. Incomplete submissions will not be accepted. All submissions must be made through our email address at [log in to unmask]

Please include:
Your name and departmental/university affiliation
Your email
The title of your presentation
A 200-300 word abstract of your presentation

Ohio University

School of Communication Studies
Benjamin R. Bates, Ph.D.

Barbara Geralds Schoonover Professor of Health Communication

Schoonover Center 418 • 1 Ohio University • Athens, OH 45701-2979
T: 740.593.9163 • F: 740.593.4810 • [log in to unmask]
www.coms.ohiou.edu

The best student-centered learning experience in America