MAC Members,

It was great seeing so many of you in Washington, DC last month for our annual conference.   Now that our fall semesters/quarters are underway,   we are turning our attention to the planning for the 2019 AEJMC Annual Conference in Toronto.

Because of the way the conference planning process works now (with AEJMC units making connections and deals AT the conference),  we have not solicited many panel ideas outside of the conference.

Instead, we asked for panel proposals during the members' meeting at the conference in Washington, DC.  As your vice head and program chair,  I was pleased to receive a great number of panel ideas and have already secured preliminary interest from other divisions and interest groups in about a half-dozen panels for 2019.

That said,  if you did not attend the conference in Washington or missed the MAC Members Meeting and you still have an idea for a panel,  NOW is your time to propose it.  PLEASE complete the attached panel proposal form and e-mail panel proposals DIRECTLY to me at [log in to unmask]    by NO LATER THAN Sunday, October 7, 2018.        The MAC Division Executive Board will be meeting via conference call that week to go over our panel proposals.

Thanks for your interest in the programming we offer in the Minorities and Communication Division.

--
George L. Daniels, Ph.D.
Associate Professor