Sorry for late notice to OUARC on this, I just realized I hadn't sent a separate message to the student group, only to individuals on the NWC ham list that Peter Laws maintains....

Here's your chance to operate HF on the new NWC beam antenna and to help recognize the efforts of the Skywarn community in providing ground-truth for real-time warnings and verification!

Skywarn Recognition Day is a contest that will go from 00 UTC 1-Dec to 00 UTC 2-Dec (that is this Friday evening 6pm CST through Saturday afternoon until 6 pm CST).   As the home of the SPC and a WSFO with active Skywarn participation the NWC should have good representation at this event, and should be a sought-after station on the contact list.  The object for participants is to contact as many NWS stations as possible during the event.

You can read more about the rules and the many other NWS sites participating here:
https://www.weather.gov/crh/skywarnrecognition

We will be operating as WX5NWC

Thanks to the NWC hams who have signed up but there are still plenty of slots to fill (any night owl ops??)!  We'd like to get good coverage of the entire 24-hour operating period.  Use this Doodle Poll to sign up.  Unlike the usual meeting Doodle Poll, this one allows up to 4 people to sign up for each 1-hour block.
https://doodle.com/poll/2e2hn9a262pc8vxk

When it comes time to work, head up to the NWC Ham Shack between the 5th floor and the O-Deck.

Regards,
-Keith
n0iaw
405-473-6662 (cell)