From: Lynette M Eisenbeck [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2018 12:18 PM
To: Walden, Susan E. <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: UNM Undergraduate Pipeline Network

Dear Susan Walden,

Thank you for stopping by the University of New Mexico (UNM) table at SACNAS.  We are excited that you have an interest in our undergraduate program and would love to send you more information on the program or to answer any questions you may have.  The Undergraduate Pipeline Network (UPN) Program is a 10 week summer research experience at the UNM Health Sciences Center. Over the summer weeks, UPN students participate full-time in all three facets of the program: 1) independent research projects with their faculty mentors, 2) skill-building seminars through their weekly one credit BIOM 410 course "Research in Medical Sciences" and 3) structured, collaborative/cohort building activities. Furthermore, our scholars present their research in a statewide poster presentation and are also encouraged to present their work at national conferences.  Together, these experiences prepare our UPN scholars for future academic work in graduate, medical and professional school programs.

The UPN Program awards each scholar a summer stipend of $5,000 and the 2019 Program will run from May 29 - August 2, 2019.

The application deadline for our 2019 summer UPN cohort is February 1, 2019.  The application information and eligibility requirements can be found on our website  https://hsc.unm.edu/research/brep/undergraduate/upn/index.html<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__hsc.unm.edu_research_brep_undergraduate_upn_index.html&d=DwMFAg&c=qKdtBuuu6dQK9MsRUVJ2DPXW6oayO8fu4TfEHS8sGNk&r=D4ieWpPrD6avsGzciOTo5gIMmpKWC6tTjt9yoDlAPLg&m=pgdHR8L9mCTwDRrZuSwmHhOF335fVJ9iGOFjfqxIgxI&s=ikl60ACNf72X4oNYszShWBiUTgJSIDI2cT0nSALyZOA&e=>.

Please contact our program manager ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) if you have any questions.  We look forward to hearing from you!

Sincerely,
Jennifer M. Gillette, PhD
Associate Professor, Pathology
Director, Undergraduate Pipeline Network (UPN) Program
University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center
1 University of New Mexico
MSC 08 4640
Albuquerque, NM 87131
505-272-0835