(Sorry for the second send---Registration link modified)

Setting Our Sails on Success

How to Prepare for Upcoming Writing Assessments
And Common Core Writing Standards

Saturday
January 19, 2018

Focusing on 1st-5th Grade Classrooms

  • Sessions designed to help teachers prepare students for upcoming writing assessments.
  • OWP Teacher Consultants will deconstruct the 5thGrade Writing Rubric during first session at all grade levels and review state test student examples.
  • OWP Teacher Consultants will provide authentic student samples to allow participants to use rubrics and demonstrate how rubrics guide instruction.
  • 1st-5thgrade teachers will be exposed to appropriate grade level writing activities that are aligned Oklahoma Academic Standards
  • Presentations will include practical, developmentally appropriate ideas to build writing skills and literacy while transitioning to Common Core Standards in the elementary classroom.
  • Participants will learn the writing process and other helpful classroom strategies.
  • Participants will be actively involved and leave with lessons that can be immediately implemented.

Saturday
January 19, 2019
Noble Public Schools
Pioneer Intermediate School   611 East Ash Street, Noble OK 73068.
Noble, Oklahoma
8:45-11:45 am

Registration Fee: $50*

**Early Bird Special $40 if registered by January 11, 2019

College Students/Interns: $10
Administrators: One Administrator may attend for
free with 3 site staff member registrations

Schedule:
8:30-9:00 Registration
9:00-10:15 Session 1
10:15-10:30 Break
10:30-11:45 Session 2

Sessions will focus on elementary classrooms 1st-5thGrade
Conference will need at least 15 registered to hold conference

Register online at:

Questions Contact: Audra Plummer [log in to unmask]
405-310-8966

Quotes from teachers previously:
“OWP Sessions help me know how to prepare my students.”
 “This was the most helpful workshop I attended to know WHAT to do to prepare my students.”
“I was so thankful I came to this conference.  WOW! I understand what I need to start implementing.”
After seeing her class’s state writing scores, a teacher emailed, “I received the highest scores at my school and I know it is because I came to this conference.

Audra Plummer  M. Ed.
Co-Director of Inservice
Oklahoma Writing Project
University of Oklahoma