Teachers,
Don't forget to enter your students' writing in this year's statewide writing contest. We KNOW your kids are writing because you're an OWP teacher consultant. All you have to do is gather up your best fifteen writings of the year and enter them in the proper category. The middle schools have overtaken the high schools in the number of entries. Last year we had very few elementary entries, so we especially want to encourage elementary teachers to enter. Winning the contest is such an inspiration for kids to want to write more!
Please find some time this week to enter your students' best writing. The flyer with all the guidelines is attached. Deadline is (always) the Tuesday after MLK Day! One week from tomorrow!
Categories:
Descriptive ParagraphPoetryPersonal NarrativeShort StoryEssayFlash FictionSentence (This category is easy and fun!)
Please enter your own writing, too, even something you wrote during the Summer Institute!
Good luck!
Janis CramerWRITE TO WIN contest coordinatorText or call:  405-250-5400