Inline image[log in to unmask]>">
Plan, Prepare, Perform
5th Grade State Writing Test Prep Conference

How to Prepare for Upcoming Writing Assessments
And Implement Oklahoma Academic Standards
  • OKWP will provide authentic student samples to allow participants to use rubrics and demonstrate how rubrics guide instruction.
  • Participants will be exposed to appropriate grade level writing activities that are aligned Oklahoma Academic Standards
  • Presentations will include practical, developmentally appropriate ideas to build writing skills along with writing process  Participants will be actively involved and leave with lessons that can be immediately implemented

January 29, 2020
Moore Norman Technology Center
Franklin Road Campus
4701 12th Ave NW, Norman, OK 73069

8:30-3:00 pm
8:30-9:00 Registration

 Target Audience: 5th Grade Teachers

Early Bird Special $50 if registered by  January 10, 2020
Registration Fee after January 10: $60

College Students/Interns: $20

Administrators: One Administrator may attend for free with 3 site staff member registrations
*You can register as PO but please email PO # when your register.  OKWP needs PO# to complete invoice.

Schedule:
8:30-9:00 Registration
9:00-10:15 General Session: Understand Rubric
10:15-10:30 Break
10:30-11:45 Folding Your Way to Success--Planning Your Narrative
11:45-1:00 Lunch
1:00- 2:30 Folding Your Way to Success--Planning Your Informative & Opinion
2:30-3:00 Best Practice Tip Share

Conference space will only allow 80 people.
Please register TODAY to save your seat!

Questions Contact: Audra Plummer [log in to unmask]
405-310-8966

Quotes from teachers previously:
“OKWP Sessions help me know how to prepare my students.”
 “This was the most helpful workshop I attended to know WHAT to do to prepare my students.”
“I was so thankful I came to this conference.  WOW! I understand what I need to start implementing.”
Upon receiving her class’s state writing scores, a participant emailed, “I received the highest scores at my school and I know it is because I came to this conference.