Dear all,

Bluescreens have appeared on the computer in Mass Spec Room for several times, which means there is a higher likelihood for hard disk crash on 'C:/' and it would be better to store your data elsewhere (such as 'E:/'). Currently the system automatically backs up every week (2:00 AM on Sunday), but the storage space in 'E:/' is also running low due to the size of documents. To better secure our data, please do the following.
  1. Currently only files in 'C:/Xcalibur/data/' are included in routine backup. If you have data regularly stored at somewhere outside Xcalibur folder (such as microscope images), please send me the path so we can include the directory in routine backups
  2. Make yourself a personal directory in 'E:/Backup/'
  3. If you have data occasionally stored at somewhere outside Xcalibur folder (such as tables or slides on desktop, download, my Documents, etc.), please store them in your personal folder
  4. Copy your files that need to be frequently opened and move (not copy) your other data manually to your personal folder so that we can save some space in 'E:/' to store routine backups.
If you have any questions, please let me know. Data from previous lab members has been stored in 'E:\Backup\Xcalibur data backup\Xcalibur data from previous members' in case you need it. I will be more than happy to help you complete the process above.

Zhu Zou

Phd Candidate

University of Oklahoma

Norman, OK 73019

To unsubscribe from the YANGGROUP_CHEMANDBIOCHEM-L list, click the following link:
&*TICKET_URL(YANGGROUP_CHEMANDBIOCHEM-L,SIGNOFF);