January 29, 2020 Conference Was Sold Out!

Here's what teachers said about this conference:
"I learned so much about writing and the most effective way to build stamina."
"The ideas of how to go about teaching for the test in smaller chunks."
"We got real world strategies to implement the very next day, not just something that would work in an ideal classroom that isn’t reality."
"I love that she gave us a game plan. I am ready to go back into my class and hit writing hard in my fifth grade class."

Additional Date Added for Conference--February 7, 2020
Same information shared as on January 29.

Inline image[log in to unmask]>">
Plan, Prepare, Perform
5th Grade State Writing Test Prep Conference

How to Prepare for Upcoming Writing Assessments
And Implement Oklahoma Academic Standards
  • OKWP will provide authentic student samples to allow participants to use rubrics and demonstrate how rubrics guide instruction.
  • Participants will be exposed to appropriate grade level writing activities that are aligned Oklahoma Academic Standards
  • Presentations will include practical, developmentally appropriate ideas to build writing skills along with writing process  Participants will be actively involved and leave with lessons that can be immediately implemented

February 7, 2020
University of Oklahoma, Norman Campus

Jeannine Rainbolt College of Education
820 Van Vleet Oval, Norman, OK, 73019

8:30-9:00 Registration
9:00-3:00 pm

 Target Audience: 5th Grade Teachers

Early Bird Special $50 if registered by  January 31, 2020
Registration Fee after January 31: $60

College Students/Interns: $20

Administrators: One Administrator may attend for free with 3 site staff member registrations
*You can register as PO but please email PO # when your register.  OKWP needs PO# to complete invoice.

Schedule:
8:30-9:00 Registration
9:00-10:15 General Session: Understand Rubric
10:15-10:30 Break
10:30-11:45 Folding Your Way to Success--Planning Your Narrative
11:45-1:00 Lunch
1:00- 2:30 Folding Your Way to Success--Planning Your Informative & Opinion
2:30-3:00 Best Practice Tip Share

Conference space will only allow 75 people.
Please register TODAY to save your seat!

Questions Contact: Audra Plummer [log in to unmask]
405-310-8966
Purchase Orders may used to pay for this event. Please select "Pay by Invoice" in the payment method drop-down box. Please send your Purchase Orders to Melissa Wicker ([log in to unmask]) at least one week prior to the event.