Hi!

Supt. Hofmeister shared today about amounts and how schools can use ARP ESSER funds.  Schools can use these funds for summer activities for students.

Under the federal act, districts must use at least 20% of their ARP relief dollars to address learning loss through the implementation of evidence-based interventions, such as summer learning or summer enrichment, extended day, comprehensive afterschool programs or extended school year programs. Moreover, districts must ensure that such interventions respond to students’ academic, social and emotional needs and address the disproportionate impact of COVID-19 on underrepresented student subgroups.

Oklahoma Writing Project is part of the National Writing Project.  Information about National Writing Project effectiveness can be found on.
The What Works Clearinghouse (WWC) reviews the existing research on different programsproductspractices, and policies in education. https://ies.ed.gov/ncee/wwc/FWW

Oklahoma Writing Project has developed engaging and hands-on literacy summer camps to assist schools in helping students continue learning through the summer days.  Summer Camps will be taught by Oklahoma Certified teachers who are also Oklahoma Writing Project Teacher Consultants.  These Teacher Consultants have been in Oklahoma classrooms with their own students during this pandemic and created session/activities to meet the literacy needs of students.

These camps can be designed specifically for your student and school needs.  We will come to your buildings or conduct virtually--whichever meets the needs of your students.   Literacy skills are aligned with Oklahoma Academic Standards.

See information below and attached.

OWP can also work with your teachers to create a hands on literacy camp.  We can help you create a school literacy camp for any grade level.   We can help train your own teams to implement a literacy summer camp.

 If you would like more information about these opportunities--please simply reply to this email.   We can discuss fees and services Oklahoma Writing Project will provide.

Inline image[log in to unmask]>">
Looking forward working with your schools,
Audra

Audra Plummer  M. Ed.
Co-Director of Inservice
Oklahoma Writing Project