Tomorrow is the ARRL's annual Field Day exercise.  SCARS will be setting up their operation at Norman Fired Department station 7 on North Base.  Equipment setup starts at 0900 with first transmissions at 1300.  This is the same location where SCARS holds meetings and license exams.  YOU are invited to participate.  In keeping with current CDC guidelines, if you are not vaccinated, you should wear a mask.  There will be a license exam session at 1400 local time at the site - sign up if you want to test for a license or an upgrade to your existing license (https://w5nor.org/license/).  The FCC's $35 application fee is *still* not in effect, so now is a good time - I contributed a piece to SCARS' newsletter regarding the fees here: https://scarsnewsletter.wordpress.com/2021/06/15/scars-news-june-15-2021/#feature3

Details on SCARS' operation here:  https://w5nor.org/fd/  There will be food ...  Just sayin' ...

Even if you are not licensed, you can attend Field Day and operate a transmitter under the supervision of a licensed operator.

This message is bcc'd to a bunch of people that aren't on the ASDRS mailing list as I try to kill two bugs with one patch.  The Alpha Sigma Delta Radio Society -- we reverted to a version of the original name about 10 minutes before the pandemic started -- has been holding a Ham Happy Hour on Friday's at 1600 local via Zoom.  Started last fall and have no idea how long it will continue, but today we're doing it again.  Discussions are "wide-ranging and eclectic".  Always in the ham radio orbit, but apogee is often very far from the planet.

The attached directory of amateurs at the National Weather Center has not been updated since *checks notes* Field Day 2019.  I will speak to the editor about updates and corrections so send any you find to me and I will pass them along to him.

No idea how many will attend today's HHH, but ... 1600 CDT ...

Join Zoom Meeting

https://oklahoma.zoom.us/j/97079324739?pwd=Y2hacGRVcGtmUGsycnRBRldKbjdxUT09

Meeting ID: 970 7932 4739

Passcode: hamradio

Peter

--
Peter Laws, BS, MRCP / N5UWY
[log in to unmask] / he, him, his

As a rule of thumb, please DO NOT click links in e-mails. Select, Copy, Paste. Vigilance is the best deterrent of malicious intent!