Hi All:

We have great news from the UAMS Library…

I’m happy to announce that the UAMS Library has a new Library Director – Jeff Slagell, MA.  He will start in this role on August 1, 2023, succeeding Lisa Smith, MLS, who retired on Jan. 14, 2022.

Jeff has a rich history of service to the library profession with experience in interdisciplinary (Otto G. Richter Library at the University of Miami, FL) and academic libraries (University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ and Delta State University, Cleveland, MS). He brings broad administrative experience from more than 15 years serving as Dean of Library Services at Roberts-LaForge Library at Delta State University, which operates more than 40 degree programs including several fields in health sciences. Jeff earned his Master of Information Resources and Library Science degree from the University of Arizona.

Libby Ingram has done an amazing job as our Interim Library Director since Lisa’s retirement.  Libby and the entire UAMS Library team are looking forward to working with Jeff.  We expect that he will be attending the SCC/SC Joint meeting for SCAMeL so we will introduce him to everyone then.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in New Orleans!   Susan

Susan C. Steelman, MLIS, AHIP

Head of Education & Research Services

Professor

U. of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Library

501-686-6737  |  [log in to unmask] | www.library.uams.edu

ORCID ID #0000-0003-4041-645X

UAMS Library Logo

          cid:image012.jpg@01D6F3CE.57777F30   cid:image013.jpg@01D6F3CE.57777F30   cid:image014.jpg@01D6F3CE.57777F30