Greetings,

It was wonderful seeing so many of you at the joint annual conference in New Orleans! It saddened me to hear about so many Covid cases upon our return – I hope for those of you who contracted it – that you’re on the mend and feeling better. This year’s joint annual conference with the Southern Chapter was so much fun and the local arrangements committee and extra volunteers did a stellar job!

We’d like to hear from you, the attendees, about what worked, what didn’t, and how we can improve.  Here is this year’s evaluation link:  https://redcap.musc.edu/surveys/?s=KMTNY9DJNM7YCJDM  The evaluation link will remain open until Friday, October 20, 2023.

In addition, let’s make that the cut-off for your Kindred Spirits submissions as well. I have received a few and will share the photos and winners with you on Monday, October 23, 2023, afternoon. Please remember to include names of both entrants, photos of your meetings, and some of what you learned about each other and each other’s chapter. Look forward to seeing all the entries!

Best,

Dede, SCC/MLA Past President <’)))~

Dede Rios, MS, PhD, AHIP

(She/Her/Ella)

Director of Optometric & Clinical Library Services

UIW Libraries-Rosenberg School of Optometry

9725 Datapoint Dr.

San Antonio, TX 78229

(210) 930-8688

https://orcid.org/0000-0002-0001-2656