Howdy! The Medical Sciences Library at Texas A&M University is hiring a Curriculum and Instruction Librarian. This position would office from our Bryan / College Station campuses and may be eligible for a partially remote/flexible work schedule.

You can read more about the job below and follow this link<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/TAMU_External/job/Round-Rock-TX/Round-Rock-Librarian--Assistant-_R-068358-1__;!!GNU8KkXDZlD12Q!9rbYYJKZ3dT7Og4my8LXhj_YbP0-9jKHNOCcHZB7cUfExql5Sm6XPQsQyt-zkGuI_9kyUOP-mALKfBaPRhNhcUuPSECjq0Zr$ [tamus[.]wd1[.]myworkdayjobs[.]com]> to apply.

Here’s a Glimpse of the Job:

Are you interested in participating in the development and implementation of Library programs? Texas A&M Health and the School of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences are looking for a new Assistant Librarian at their Round Rock campus. In this position, you would provide instruction and consultations to students, faculty, researchers, and staff on topics that include searching skills, finding quality evidence, critical appraisal of resources, and information management. In addition, as the Assistant Librarian, you would participate in departmental and interdepartmental meetings as a member of the Research & Education Services department, as well as contribute to assessment input regarding collection and resource development. This position also offers a fantastic opportunity for growth and the chance to begin training as a medical librarian. If this description sounds interesting to you, we invite you to apply to be considered for this opportunity!

Opportunities to Contribute:

  *   Collaborate with colleagues to facilitate virtual and/or hybrid instructional sessions at remote locations
  *   Provide searching support for research proposal and grants, clinical practice decisions, education, instruction, and scholarly dissemination
  *   Incorporate emerging research and trends within health sciences, academic librarianship, and competency-based education into instruction practices
  *   Explore ways to anticipate and meet customer needs in the development and integration of education and research resources
  *   Deliver excellent research and education programs with an elevated level of customer service for students, faculty, and staff
  *   Participate in professional organizations and scholarly activities to incorporate innovative ideas and technologies into library services and programs

 Qualifications:

  *   Master's degree in library science
  *   No prior experience required

A well-qualified candidate for this position will also possess:

  *   Master’s degree from American Library Association (ALA) accredited program
  *   Coursework in expert searching, instructional design, health information management, medical informatics, health research, health information, or health education
  *   Two years of research and/or education experience at an academic health sciences library, specialty library, or hospital setting
  *   Experience teaching evidence-based principles to professional and/or graduate students, and/or faculty
  *   Knowledge of library resources and services for a medical or nursing school with a clinical and research client base
  *   Ability to conduct reference interviews

  *   Ability to use online resources to locate relevant health related information
  *   Knowledge or experience with instruction or library resources and services for health sciences schools with a clinical and research client base
  *   Knowledge of conducting searches in biomedical databases and current trends in health science librarianship
  *   Ability to cultivate and maintain professional working relationships with people from various backgrounds
  *   Ability to take initiative and work with competing priorities

Minimum starting salary: $5,241.67 monthly

What you need to do:

Apply!<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/TAMU_External/job/Round-Rock-TX/Round-Rock-Librarian--Assistant-_R-068358-1__;!!GNU8KkXDZlD12Q!9rbYYJKZ3dT7Og4my8LXhj_YbP0-9jKHNOCcHZB7cUfExql5Sm6XPQsQyt-zkGuI_9kyUOP-mALKfBaPRhNhcUuPSECjq0Zr$ [tamus[.]wd1[.]myworkdayjobs[.]com]> Submitting a cover letter, resume’/CV, and links to any LibGuides or learning aids you may have created are strongly recommended and will help us with the review process. You may upload these documents on the application under CV/Resume.

Why Texas A&M University?

Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment by promoting a culture that respects all perspectives, talents & identities.  Embracing varying opinions and perspectives strengthens our core values which are: Respect, Excellence, Leadership, Loyalty, Integrity, and Selfless Service.

The Libraries are the indispensable hub of discovery, learning and creativity for all colleges and academic departments at Texas A&M. We offer diverse collections and services designed to enable and support the University’s missions of teaching, research, and student success. Learn more about our libraries at https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://library.tamu.edu__;!!GNU8KkXDZlD12Q!9rbYYJKZ3dT7Og4my8LXhj_YbP0-9jKHNOCcHZB7cUfExql5Sm6XPQsQyt-zkGuI_9kyUOP-mALKfBaPRhNhcUuPSG1sbXs2$ [library[.]tamu[.]edu]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://library.tamu.edu/__;!!GNU8KkXDZlD12Q!9rbYYJKZ3dT7Og4my8LXhj_YbP0-9jKHNOCcHZB7cUfExql5Sm6XPQsQyt-zkGuI_9kyUOP-mALKfBaPRhNhcUuPSM_tQjZW$ [library[.]tamu[.]edu]>

We are a prestigious university with strong traditions, Core Values, and a community of caring and collaboration.  Amenities associated with a major university, such as sporting and cultural events, state-of-the-art recreation facilities, the Bush Library and Museum, and much more await you.  Experience all that a big city has to offer but with a reasonable cost-of-living and no long commutes.

  *   Health, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance with Texas A&M contributing to employee health and basic life premiums
  *   12-15 days of annual paid holidays
  *   Up to eight hours of paid sick leave and at least eight hours of paid vacation each month
  *   Automatically enrollment in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas
  *   Health and Wellness: Free exercise programs and release time
  *   Professional Development: All employees have access to free LinkedIn Learning training, webinars, and limited financial support to attend conferences, workshops, and more
  *   Employee Tuition Assistance and Educational Release time for completing a degree while a Texas A&M employee

All positions are security sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.

Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Please reach out with any questions.

Best,

Emme Lopez | Assistant University Librarian
Medical Sciences Library

4462 TAMU | College Station, TX 77840-7896
Office: 979-458-4982 | Fax: 979-845-7493 | https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.tamus.edu__;!!GNU8KkXDZlD12Q!9rbYYJKZ3dT7Og4my8LXhj_YbP0-9jKHNOCcHZB7cUfExql5Sm6XPQsQyt-zkGuI_9kyUOP-mALKfBaPRhNhcUuPSMJ1nk8_$ [tamus[.]edu]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.tamus.edu/__;!!GNU8KkXDZlD12Q!9rbYYJKZ3dT7Og4my8LXhj_YbP0-9jKHNOCcHZB7cUfExql5Sm6XPQsQyt-zkGuI_9kyUOP-mALKfBaPRhNhcUuPSKXfrvdz$ [tamus[.]edu]>

202 Olsen Blvd.
College Station, TX 77843-4462

The Texas A&M University System