Dear Armadillo Friends,

The South Central Chapter of the Medical Library Association is developing the program for the 2024 Annual Meeting to be held October 25-29 in Dallas, TX. For this meeting, the SCC Continuing Education Committee is preparing a robust slate of in-person classes to assist librarians and others in their fulfillment of the MLA Specializations: Systematic Review Services, Data Services, and Consumer Health Information. We are also considering offering classes pertaining to the relevant topic of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. There is a wealth of experience in our membership and we would love to see what other ideas our members have to share with our colleagues. In addition to offering in-person classes during the meeting, we may also schedule virtual classes outside the meeting dates.

To assist us in planning the program, we are following in the footsteps of last year's CE Committee and requesting proposals from our colleagues who wish to share their expertise. We are especially interested in new and exciting aspects of these topics that have yet to be explored. If you are willing to share your knowledge with your colleagues, please consider completing and returning the attached Class Proposal application no later than Sunday, March 3, 2024. If you have a colleague with an idea, please encourage them. Note that honorariums and reimbursement for certain expenses may be available for those who qualify as noted in the SCC Procedure Manual.

Perhaps it seems early for this, but time will pass quickly. How is it already February? What happened to January?

If you have an CE questions, please contact CE Chair Montie' Dobbins (information below).

We look forward to hearing from our creative and knowledgeable SCC colleagues!

Sincerely,

SCC Continuing Education Committee

Montie' Dobbins, MLIS, AHIP

SCC/MLA Continuing Education Committee, Chair

318.675.5664