SSEC-L Archives

Students for Social and Economic Change

SSEC-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Joshua Thomason <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joshua Thomason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 23:05:12 +0000
The following message is regarding the preperations for demonstrations
welcoming Herr Keating to OU scheduled for September 11th, 2001.

Attention:
Josh --Committee Chair
Kendric
Vicki
Stephanie
Logan
Alex
Shauna
Kaylan
Phil

If those above could reply to this e-mail with dates and times of
availability we can schedule our first convening.  We should meet no later
than early next week to discuss the most effective way we might illustrate
our support for Herr Keating.

Some things to keep in mind before the meeting:

- Posters and fliers should go up within the next week clearly stating why
we will be demonstrating against Keating's visist, and why others should
join us.

- Begin formulating creative ideas as to how we might attract media
attention for this event without relying completely on a large turnout.
REMEMBER: Decent sized demonstrations in this area generally don't average
over twenty people.

- We will need literature/leaflets to distribute during the day of the
demonstration.  Bring any sitable info available on Keating's record as
Governor.

Looking forward to causing a fuss with y'all.

Josh