From:
Gabi Hadl <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gabi Hadl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Feb 2005 00:47:05 +0900
Hi OURmedia steering committee,

Sorry I've only been lurking here, not posting for a while. Elvira-- hope
you feel better and we can get started on the OURmedia organization
structure planning group. I feel like there really is not much for me to do
or say before we have that sorted out, so I've been thinking about it and
talking to people...

I've been travelling wildly, meeting with ourmedia people wherever I went-
italy, austria, korea. Now back in japan, visiting the asia pacific greens
meeting, getting some useable ideas from them on how to set up a global
network structure and trying to educate them a bit about citizen's media
(most of them don't even seem to know we exist-- they just hate 'the' media
!?!?!).

RE conference: I support dorothy. (but I am not happy with the way this is
getting decided or the options were considered. Accountability,
transparency, participation, fairness, democracy don't emerge naturally in
the process of a couple of people sending e-mails to each other.) suggest
people who want to be directly involved in organizing start thinking about
the necessary structures-- local organizing team, transnational team, who's
in in charge of funding, of liaisoning, etc.

RE: website -- First, thanks John D for coming through on this!!  Thanks
John H for your work so far, and welcome Don.
since the website is OURmedia's communication channnel (together with the
lists), I think once the basic tech work is done we will need a working
group on ourmedia internal communication -- website and lists (content,
facilitation and tech issues)

So long. Happy chinese new year.
Gabi