From:
Arne Hintz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Arne Hintz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 May 2007 17:52:09 +0200
Hi all!

I agree with Ellie that the debate should now move to the more focused list.
Just one more clarification in response to Elvira's question:

> Arne - it sounds like you're saying that there is a definite window of
> opportunity for organizing the next OM conference in 2008 but not
> necessarily so in later years. At the same time, you say that you regard
> Budapast as a "Plan B" to Ghana....does that mean that you will come forward
> with a proposal only if Ghana decides the timing is no longer right for next
> year? Or, are you saying that you don't want to hold the conference in
> Budapest next year at all costs and would support Ghana if that's the way
> the network decides to go?

It's the latter. We would develop our initial "statement of interest" into a
kind of "mini-proposal", as you suggested, in order for OURMedia to have
alternative options on the table. We are convinced that Budapest would be a
feasible and interesting option. At the same time, we are thrilled by the idea
to have the next conference in Africa, and we would certainly support this
option if it's feasible and if it fulfils the decision-making categories which
were proposed. So I guess we would see our proposal as a "second option", in
case unexpected problems arise or circumstances change for the "first option".

Best,
Arne