Date:
Mon, 10 Dec 2007 01:31:09 +0900
€ Just found this article of interest to many of us:

=========

" Our Web not theirs!

Media power takes on new dimensions as we move into an ³always on² digital
mediascape, where questions loom concerning not just the media that citizens
will consume, but also the digital environment they will consume it in. At
this pivotal time the Internet is becoming evermore subjugated to commercial
interests of a cartel of domineering big media corporations.  ...."

"Clearly we cannot allow this big business regulation of the Internet to
continue unchallenged. There are three levers we can use to keep the new
media cartel in check:

1. Push for public interest policy that limits the new media cartels ability
to exploit web users. The Center Digital Democracy, US PIRG and the
Electronic Frontier Foundation are fighting these battles on our behalf in
Washington.

2. Build public campaigns to limit and roll back exploitation of web users
by new media giants. MoveOn¹s recent successful campaign to get Facebook to
reframe from the worst of its predatory practices is a great example.

3. Support digital public benefit spaces and services that respect user
privacy and our right unencumbered online navigation. This last lever is
perhaps the most effective and successful but maybe the least acknowledged."

http://coanews.org/article/2007/our-web-not-theirs
=======

€ An update on what has been going on with the freespeech.org campaign
around the US media regulator FCC and media consolidation:
http://coanews.org/node/347/play

<for some reason they are using youtube to bring these news to you ... Too
bad...>

========